Wednesday 18 May 2016

Dementia Action Alliance Sefton launch

It is Dementia Awareness week and I was delighted to be asked to open the launch of the Sefton Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) this afternoon.

I was met by the chair Kim Crowe who day job is as CEO of Parkhaven in Maghull. I think she was a little disconcerted to see me turn up on my Brompton bike.

It was an excellent event. It was good to see so many groups represented and to hear first hand from carers and those who are living with Alzheimer's. We heard from churches in Formby about their awareness training programme which had been delivered to an impressive number of people and of their efforts to engage with local business.

I waspleased to meet with people I have worked with in the past and also to meet some of the groups who have asked me to visit during the year including Sefton Pensioners Advocacy, Crosby Age Concern, The Atkinson, Sefton Library service and members of the 800 group Liverpool and Sefton Age Concern. A full list of the groups who belong to the Alliance can be found on their website.

I wish them every success and judging from today's event the Alliance have assembled all the ingredients for success




No comments:

Post a Comment