Sunday 5 June 2016

Birkdale village gardens, one of the hidden treasures of Southport

I had a most delightful afternoon visiting all the Birkdale gardens that had opened as part of the National Garden schemes; 'gardens open for charity' . Each of the five Gardens were different both in scale and emphasis but they were uniformly magnificent. If you did not join the throng of visitors you certainly missed out. Put it in your diary for next year, these brilliant Birkdale gardeners deserve your support and I hope my Mayoral visit was some recognition of the part they play in making Birkdale such a special place to live.

This afternoon (Sunday 05/06/16) I got on my bike and visited all the gardens that opened as part of a special Birkdale day. All the gardens collect money for charity and I will tell you about the fantastic cakes, bacon butties and other goodies that were for sale. Not only were the gardens glorious the weather was fantastic reaching 30 C in Viv Rimmer's back garden. Click on the link under each photo to read about my visit to that garden. I have listed them in the order I visited.

 Meet the Gardeners


John Maudsley, his wife Jennifer was busy at the plant stall, of Ashton Rd
 
Sandra and Keith Birks of Hartley Crescent
Viv Rimmer, with a succulent, of Shaws Rd



Garden volunteer Sue  and St Peter's curate Dave Collier at the Quiet Garden
Margaret and Geoff Fletcher of Saxon Rd, Lancashire County Organiser and Treasurer of National Garden Scheme

No comments:

Post a Comment