Sunday 12 June 2016

Opening the Bakers Food and Allied Workers Union Conference in Southport where they had baked a cake

This morning I was up early to go and open the 98th Annual Conference of the Bakers, Food and Allied Workers Union at the Floral Hall in Southport. I was delighted to see a full hall so early in the morning especially after a night out on the town.

I had been told that I was going to be presented with a cake and I had suggested that I would take it along to Holy Trinity where they were celebrating the Queen's 90th birthday. The General Secretary showed me the cake and we had our photograph taken before he told me that I didn't get to keep the cake they had already promised it to the Bristish Legion Home in Southport Byng House. I am pleased it went to such a good home

I wished the delegates well. I have a nasty foreboding that the need to protect workers rights is about to rise up the political agenda,

No comments:

Post a Comment