Saturday 4 June 2016

Tomorrow I'm off to visit five gardens part of the @NGSOpenGardens in Birkdale

The National Garden scheme allows us to peep inside some of the private gardens that are some of the most beautiful hidden places in the UK. It is brilliant scheme and over the years I have visited many gardens. Tomorrow there is a group opening of five Gardens in Birkdale and it is my intention to cycle to each of them starting with Mrs and Mrs Maudsley at 23 Ashton Rd at about 12.30pm and finishing up with Mr and Mrs Fletcher of Saxon Rd at around 3.00pm. In between I intend to pedal to Sandra and Keith Birks of Hartley Cres, Vivienne Rimmer of Shaws Rd and the Quiet Garden at St Peter's Church.

All these gardens are open for Charity-Birkdale Civic Society and the Lifeboats- and some provide refreshment.

I should confess I am a very utilitarian gardener and really only grow things I can eat so I am in for a real education. Maybe when I've completed my tour I should have some fresh ideas of how to improve the appearance of my allotment!


No comments:

Post a Comment